Papercuts and Lemon Juice are Nothing
20 Oct 2004 (Wednesday)
Comm Compound, Tallil AB, Iraq
1000
Well isn’t that a pisser. I arrived at work and opened my email to find one with a subject line in all caps: ‘FW: NOTIFICATION OF SELECTION FOR REASSIGNMENT’. Inside was an official looking 12-page document notifying me that I’m being reassigned to Charleston, SC starting the end of February. Orders were the last thing I expected to get while here, especially for Combat Camera.
I don’t know if I like this or not. I know I’ve done a lot of complaining about not traveling in the three years since I joined the Air Force, but being on Temporary Duty Assignment (TDY) 200 days a year isn’t exactly what I had in mind. This means school will have to take a backseat again – at this rate I won’t see a bachelor’s degree until I’m 40.
But then I think, I have no kids, no husband, no house – what better time to see the world while hanging out of a helicopter by the seat of my BDU pants? My boss back home has already told them about me while he was up there visiting. He says it was all good stuff, they can't wait for me to join them, blah, blah, blah. But I guess I can't dwell on that right now. It’s done, I’ve accepted the assignment, and now I’ll have to live with it.
Comm Compound, Tallil AB, Iraq
1000
Well isn’t that a pisser. I arrived at work and opened my email to find one with a subject line in all caps: ‘FW: NOTIFICATION OF SELECTION FOR REASSIGNMENT’. Inside was an official looking 12-page document notifying me that I’m being reassigned to Charleston, SC starting the end of February. Orders were the last thing I expected to get while here, especially for Combat Camera.
I don’t know if I like this or not. I know I’ve done a lot of complaining about not traveling in the three years since I joined the Air Force, but being on Temporary Duty Assignment (TDY) 200 days a year isn’t exactly what I had in mind. This means school will have to take a backseat again – at this rate I won’t see a bachelor’s degree until I’m 40.
But then I think, I have no kids, no husband, no house – what better time to see the world while hanging out of a helicopter by the seat of my BDU pants? My boss back home has already told them about me while he was up there visiting. He says it was all good stuff, they can't wait for me to join them, blah, blah, blah. But I guess I can't dwell on that right now. It’s done, I’ve accepted the assignment, and now I’ll have to live with it.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home